The Yale Club was founded in 1897 on a shared common history, with the goal of allowing graduates the ability to continue the friendships they formed at Yale. Over its 116-year history, it has grown into the organization that members enjoy today, a Club of tradition and history, of energy and activity, and above all of friendship. It is a club in the most treasured sense of the word.
Originally located at 17 Madison Square and then 30 West 44th Street, the Club now sits on Vanderbilt Avenue, in the heart of midtown and just steps away from Grand Central Station. The Clubhouse was designed by James Gamble Rogers '89 and hailed for its dignified neoclassical design. Upon opening its doors in 1915, the building became the largest Clubhouse in the world and continues to be the largest college clubhouse in existence today
The Club is now preparing to celebrate the building's 100th birthday in 2015, and has recently embarked on implementing a ten-year Master Plan to ensure that it will be here to serve its members for decades to come.